Technical Assistance & Training for Nonprofits
Application Now Open for Fall 2021 Courses
The Appalachia Nonprofit Resource Center offers free online access to curated resources for nonprofit organizations navigating beyond the COVID-19 crisis. Additional resources can be found on the website of our sponsor, the Appalachian Regional Commission.
- Talking Finance
- Financial Policies & Tools
- Cash Flow Management
- Decision Framework
- Balance Sheet Approach
- Financial Leadership
- Philanthropic Trends
- Measuring Fundraising Effectiveness
- Virtual Fundraising
- Fundraising Techniques and ROI
- Development Plans
- The Board’s Role in Fundraising
- Scenario & Paradigm Planning
- Program Evaluation
- Operations Refresh
- Strategic Alliances & Mergers
- Virtual/Crisis Communication
- Board Diversity & Engagement
- Nonprofit Board Responsibilities
- Board Member Job Description
- Board Self-Evaluation Mechanisms
- Committee Structure & Responsibilities
- New Member Orientation
- Promoting Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Below are recent examples of resources for the above topics.
Description: This resources provides more than 180 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are key to nonprofit effectiveness in ten different functional areas: Fund Development, Human Resources/Internal Processes, Boards/Governance,. . .
Description: This Case Study postulates a situation in which an otherwise effective board has failed in its responsibility to raise funds for the organization. Included is the Case Study and three possible responses. Users can also . . .
Description: This “conversation starter” is designed to help nonprofits become more resilient by considering both long- and short-term perspectives at the same time. According to the authors, organizations should align around a. . .
Description: The Sample Board Self-Evaluation Survey Results illustrates the results of an actual Board Self-Evaluation, noting each of the 21 questions that were the basis for the survey along with the summary responses to each. . .
Signup to access FREE curated nonprofit resources.